Timeline

Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting Ready

Wow... less than 6 weeks till the official due date, and I'm definitely feeling the urge to "nest". Only catch -- we're still in the apartment, and it doesn't do me any good!

Greg did pick up some boxes this afternoon on his way home, and the packing will commence this weekend. Well, packing and a million other things! My folks are headed down tomorrow for Grandma Jeanne's 80th birthday dinner. Before they head to dinner, we're all meeting at the new house - so we can see the freshly painted nursery (Sherwin William's Lacewing), drop off more of the baby shower gifts including the new stroller and carseat! The stroller was supposed to be at my folks house in time for my shower a couple weeks ago - but there was a minor snafu. Alas, it's here now and will be making the road trip down to Austin tomorrow.

Greg and I will be missing my Grandma's celebration to attend a lawyer BBQ event thingy. One of the lawyers Greg just finished working with is having quite the extravaganza at his home tomorrow evening. While I'd love to see all my family, we're in the networking is good for future job mode... so to the lawyer dinner it is! We're having breakfast with some friends from out of town on Sunday morning, and then our 2nd childbirth class is also Sunday afternoon.

In other just random news... dry cleaning in Austin is ridiculously more expensive than it was in the 'burbs of Plano/Allen. Seriously -- I called half a dozen places within a few miles of us, and the cheapest I found to launder men's shirts was $1.50. That's the cheapest! The catch - they were one of the most expensive places for suits. Ugh. Now, on the upside, the owner lady was wonderfully nice - and even remembered my name two days later when I went to pick everything up... but yeozers. (She also carried everything to my car so I wouldn't have to which was very kind...)

We've also begun the process of interviewing pediatricians. Tricky business. How do I know what kind of parent I'll be to see if we're on the same wave length as the potential new doctor? The only thing I do know - is that I'm questioning the need for so many vaccines - especially so freaking early. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends this schedule. I think we're leaning more towards Dr. Sears alternate schedule. We're not anti-immunization, just anti extra immunization and is there really a need to cram them ALL into the child's first 18 months of life? I plan on picking up a book tomorrow called The Vaccine Book. It's a great resource that provides general information about all the recommended vaccines. Sigh... lots of decisions are in our future.

Ok, off an running....

No comments: