Timeline

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pickles and Ice Cream

Alas... the cliche came true! The funny thing is was totally an accident! But last night, I joined Greg and some of the Haynes Boone team at The Alamo Drafthouse for a screening of Office Space. The HB folks let us order food and drinks off the menu while we mingled and waited for the movie to start.

Since I couldn't partake in the wine/beer... I opted for an Amy's Peanut Butter Cup Milkshake. Holy moly batman was it ever delicious! All the girls were jealous and wanted to trade in their wine for my milkshake. I defintely picked the right pre-movie appetizer. The lights begin to dim and we take our seats for the movie. Greg and I decide to get a "normal" app and a pizza for dinner. I wanted fried pickles and he was looking at the potato skins... (this was not our healthiest night out folks...). Then, for the main course, we ordered a small "Raging Bull" pizza. I was so freaking full from the milkshake and pickles that I barely nibbled on one slice of pizza. It didn't even dawn on me then until today... that my dinner was truly fried pickles and ice cream.

Maybe there is something to that old saying afterall.....

Oh, I almost forgot.... after the movie ended, we all got to go outside with safety goggles, a sledge hammer and a fax machine! It was great watching everyone come up and take a swing at the machine!! And, to top it off - we got a Red Swingline Stapler to bring home as a souvenir!! Fun, huh?

No comments: