Timeline

Friday, August 15, 2008

Sweetness

Shhh... it's actually quiet here. I'm not quite sure what to make of the silence. For the past couple of days, my sweet baby boy has been replaced with a "screamin demon"... but right now, he sleeps. Ahhhh... (I should probably be napping)!

It's been a rough couple of days here at the Baden house. Greg got stuck in NYC (anyone else detecting a pattern?) and Atti and I have been home alone. Up until a few days ago, this would not have seemed like such a dire circumstance - but then, someone exchanged our peaceful, happy baby for a screaming infant. Thankfully, I think we've reached the end of THIS episode of uncontrollable screaming. I'm sure it will happen again - but for the moment, all is well.

We did have some high points too. My friend Jeanne came over with her two girls and we had a delightful afternoon. I was even able to sneak out of the house while Jeanne rocked Atti and run up to Texadelphia and pick up lunch. YUM. Cheesesteak is good!! It was nice to get out of the house, even for a moment...

Atti and I also went to see Dr. Owens because I was all panicky about some eyeball weirdness. Turns out to be nothing. The doc says most likely he had an eyelash in his eye and now has a gloopy tear in response to the irritation. Whew. I thought certainly he'd scratched his eyeball! (I think I'm beginning to see where the irrational worrying comes from....) So other than the "molting" he's in good shape. Apparently it's quite normal for babies to peel and look like they've spent a week in Aruba and slough off the first layer of skin. Granted, it's a little disconcerning when you look at your "sweetness" and his face is peeling!! At least it doesn't seem to bother him.

Oh... more good news to share! My cousin Nikki (and her fam) are moving to Austin! Have I shared that news yet? I'm quite excited since it means Atticus will have more cousins to play with here in town. Cool, huh?

No comments: