Timeline

Monday, March 16, 2009

Excitement

In less than 4 days, Atticus and I will be on our way to see Nicole in Tel Aviv. I'm so excited for the trip and so dreading the flight over. Ha. It's definitely worth it though.

I just keep laughing in my head thinking... "Oh, my gosh. I am going to be the person at the airport that other people dread seeing ahead of them in line." There aren't as many business travelers anymore - when compared to the consulting hey days... but Friday afternoons are a popular flight time for anyone looking to go out of town for the weekend. And, well - I'll be there in line with my Mom, Bubbe, Atticus and an odd assortment of luggage, stroller, car seat, etc, etc.

I'm going to log off here in just a moment and start the packing process. I want to make sure that everything is as streamlined as possible. No extra papers in my carry-on, no loose chapsticks running around in the diaper bag, nothing that will cause us more grief than necessary. Funny - I'm normally a laid back traveller, but I'm starting to panic about this trip. It will definitely be the most organized I've been before leaving for a trip. Greg and I are normally the kind of folks who just sort of go with the flow when on vacation. We arrive somewhere and then decide what we should do for the following day. Then, we pick something to do for the next day. If we decide too late, eh... there's always tomorrow. So far, it's worked well for us. Our 2 weeks in France was one of my favorite vacations to date - and we had no agenda for 90% of our trip.

I will be taking a laptop, camera and the video camera (though I'm still not sure I want to bring the video camera), SO...assuming I can get the free wi-fi to work at the apartments in Tel Aviv, I'll be able to check email and post pictures/video to the blog. Keep your fingers crossed. Thankfully all of Israel is pretty wired for wi-fi. If only I'd thought to look for an electrical converter before now...

Well... the to-do list is growing every minute that I sit here typing. Yikes. 4 days away!!

No comments: