Timeline

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Oh no...

Well, I just uploaded a ton more pictures and video clips from the camera to my home desktop computer. I edited the red-eyes, added captions and got all organized. Then, I highlighted the desired photos and clicked "Upload to Web Album" just like normal. Well, something got stuck on the third picture and the computer froze. Eh... it happens. I tried the Control-Alt-Delete to get to the task manager, but got nothing. Uh oh. I figured I would just do a hard reboot and start over.

I held the power button down... heard the machine power off, and I waited a few moments. I pushed the power button again and heard the machine power up but it's like it's suddenly not connected to the mouse or the screen. The monitor is dark and I can't see anything. The mouse isn't lit up and now I'm at a total loss. I tried manually flipping my KVM switch but nada. I normally would go make puppy dog eyes at Greg and see if he could come save the day, but he's got a huge paper due in 12 hours and he wants nothing to do with me and/or my computer issues at the moment.

I wouldn't be totally freaking out except that once I knew I had the footage on the computer, I cleared the memory card. Yikes. The other weird thing is that I think my backup on my home computer hasn't run in a while.... I'm starting to panic.

Fingers crossed that something is just loose and power will be restored and all photos and videos will make it to the web (or at least to the big backup drive) in the near future. There were some really great pictures from our weekend with the Morlans and some cute video of Atticus on his 9 month birthday and video of Atti eating strawberries in the front yard...

Sigh... it will be ok, right?

No comments: