Timeline

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Big Apple BBQ

Today's adventure was for some good ole BBQ. Kinda funny if you ask me. The three of us packed up this morning and headed down to Madison Square Park for the Big Apple BBQ. The funny part of all this... one of the biggest draws of the event is The Salt Lick from Driftwood, TX. The line was ridiculously long - so we actually didn't eat there today, figure we can eat plenty of Salt Lick once we're back home!! There was also another place from Dallas called Baker's Ribs - but I have to say, I've lived in Dallas most of my life and I've never even heard of the place! Not sure what that means however.

It was nice. There was a light rain by the time we headed home - but a great day to wander and take in some yummy ribs, brisket, pulled pork and good music.

And then... get this: Atticus took an hour and a half nap (with me -- but I wasn't complaining) AND we put him to bed awake and he fell asleep on his own in less than 2 minutes! Woo hoo. Granted, this is only the second night in a row we've put him down awake - but so far so good.

No comments: