Timeline

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Another Gorgeous Day

We could not have asked for a better summer. Greg spent the day with another summer at the Yankees v Tigers baseball game today - so Atticus and I were on our own. Well, not for long!

After a nap and lunch, Atticus and I headed north to Central Park. There we met up with Uncle Skip and our friend Fleur. Skip was in town for the weekend visiting friends and auditioning for a new reality show about artists. Alas, he didn't make the final cut - but he made it quite far in the audition process and it sounds like he made some good contacts/friends at the event! Uncle Skip also brought along a birthday present for Atticus that was wrapped in paper painted by cousin Zoe! The gift is awesome - it's a wooden train whistle! I don't think it will be long before Atti figures out on his own how to make the sounds... he spent a good chunk of the afternoon turning it over and putting it in his mouth!! The four of us all hung out for a bit, talking and playing at the playground. We walked a bit of the park and Skip showed me The Pond where he and Nikki would often meet for lunch - sort of a middle place between their two offices. About this time, Atticus fell asleep - so I'll have to take him back to see the ducks and the gorgeous flowers! Skip took off to meet another friend in the city and Fleur and I continued to wander through the park. We tipped one of the statue people a buck and watched her do a little curtsy and bow in her ballet outfit (she didn't do much if you ask me...) and then we continued on our way up towards the Alice in Wonderland statue. We walked past two people offering chair massages - and Fleur got all excited and treated me to a 10 minute rub-down. We parked her bicycle and a sleeping Atticus in between the two chairs and sat down for an intense back rub. Then, off we went again around the pond where you can rent remote controlled sail boats and up to the Alice statue. I would have loved to have gotten some better photos, but there was one kid up on top that refused to move.

(I have another story about a lost little boy at the playground and his non-attentive parents, but I won't get into that right now....)

Fleur then left to get ready for her evening events and Atticus and I attempted to make our way back home. We were quite far by this time, but it was an enjoyable walk home. We even stopped at Whole Foods on the way home to pick up some things to create a care package for Jen.

Tomorrow, we're headed to brunch with some Aussie friends at a restaurant called Bondi Road and then my Mom will be arriving. She and I have tickets to see Chicago tomorrow night. I can't wait!

No comments: