Timeline

Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Wishlist et al

Since several folks have asked... yes, we can get packages here in NYC. (Just let me know if you send something so I can be sure to ask at the concierge desk.) I'm sure we can get letters too -- but I don't know how we'd actually get those, since they'd be delivered into the regular mailbox and the landlord/owner still collects the mail here. (We only get the big boxes/envelopes that don't fit in the mailbox.)

That said...

350 W. 50th Street #3U

New York, NY 10019

Really, there's not much that Atticus needs. A card, some well wishes, and the chance to see you (whether in NYC, Texas, or ??) is all that we need! Greg and I will be starting a 529 college fund for him as well on his birthday. (Or, I'm tasking Greg with starting the fund... perhaps some nudging from family and friends will help spur him along!!) If you still want to get something for the little guy however, here are a few things I've found that I like. :-)

Atti's Birthday Wishlist:

Personalized "My Name Is" and/or "Goes to the Zoo" books from FreckleBox (I still have the personalized book that my parents got me as a kid... I still think it's pretty cool.)

Personalized Anywhere Chair or from Pottery Barn Kids (solid, striped, MLB Tigers...) (Definitely not a necessity - but fun)

Amazon Wishlist with books and toys (Or anything else age appropriate)

Outlet Covers (We're nearing the stage where fingers and toys will go everywhere and anywhere)

26 Animals Poster (all photography done by an acquaintance friend)

Clothes - tops size 2T (I know, he's very tall!) and bottoms in 18months, socks (I hear Old Navy has great socks for little boys...) (Need clothes - no, but it's always fun to shop for little people clothes!!)

Shoes - Looking to get some of our first "real" shoes. I need to measure his feet, but I'm guessing the 18-24month size. Trusting my friend Jhana (who's already done the research for her little man) the following brands should all be great: Aster, Beeko, Livie and Luca, Naturino, Primigi, Tsukihoshi and/or Twig. And we're totally good with gently used versions of these shoes - so feel free to check your local resale shop, craigslist, etc!

We're not doing anything big for the birthday this year - just us and Bubbe. We do hope to see everyone when we get back home. Perhaps a trip to the park, Barton Springs, or something similar....

No comments: