Timeline

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Signing!

Atticus has had a signing breakthrough. When my Mom picked him up from "school" today, they asked if he knew sign language. My Mom replied a little, why? One of the teachers handed something to Atticus and he signed "thank you". Tonight, when I got home, I asked him to sign "please" and he rubbed his little hands all over his big ole belly. That's two more words... Now I wonder exactly how long he's been signing thank you that I've mistaken for him being a little Indian. Ha.

Of course, the Grand Bubbe thinks I'm doing everything all wrong. I figure Atticus has another 85+ years to speak. If I can communicate with him now via sign language, I'm all for it. He's working on some "m" words with speech. He signs more and says "muh, muh". He looks at Molly the dog and says "muh, muh". I pulled out the bubble gum medicine just before bed, asked if he was ready for medicine, and we got more of the "muh, muh". Perhaps that's just the general word for lots of things? The other common word lately sounds alot like "gong". I'm still trying to figure out what it means... :-)

1 comment:

LogosKnitter said...

Don't worry. In Grand Bubbie's eyes we're doing everything wrong together :)