Timeline

Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekend In Review

So the Baden crew has had a pretty busy 72 hours. Last Friday was the first night of Hanukkah. To celebrate, we attended the Rocking Tzedakah Hanukkah party at the JCC. It might have been a little more enjoyable if they'd sold about 20-25 fewer tickets. I understand the need to fund raise - honestly I do - but it was just a wee bit too crowded. By the time we made it through the dinner line - there were no tables left to sit at in the "dining room". Let me tell you, after waiting 30 minutes with a squirmy toddler, that was not what we wanted to hear. But - the beginning of the night was fun. There was music, the lighting of the menorah, the Shabbat blessings, and of course lots of little kids dancing all around.

Saturday morning, Atticus and I packed up and headed north to Chloe's 2nd birthday party. It was held at Arrowhead Ranch - which is literally a small little ranch stuck in the middle of a Round Rock neighborhood. Literally. It was strange, but good. The best part - there were bunnies, chickens, goats, a donkey, pony rides and the thing that caught Atticus's attention? No joke - the rocks on the gravel driveway. He had a field day playing with the rocks. Oy. He didn't want to pet the bunnies, definitely didn't want to sit on the pony, feed the goat - nope, he just wanted to sit and play in the rocks. I did get some fun pictures of the animals and of the festivities inside. Once I figure out how to work Picasa on the new MacBook, I'll upload the photos. :-) Yes, I realize iPhoto has it's own thingy - but I've kind of gotten used to Picasa. Now I just have get used to the Mac.

Sunday morning, we headed to brunch before Greg headed back to school to study. Then a quick nap for the little man and we went over to a Hanukkah celebration at Central Market just around the corner. Several of the children's choirs from the local synagogues were singing. It was nice, but crowded. We didn't stay too long. It was a beautiful day, so Atticus and I headed home and went to Shipe park down the road. I really hope we live walking distance to a park in Toledo! We've really gotten spoiled!

Sunday night however, things started to go downhill. Greg and I could tell that Atti was tugging on his ears again, and he definitely had more congestion at night. Poor guy woke up coughing several times early on, and then woke up wailing at 4 am. Since Greg really needed to get some sleep in preparation for the 8 hour exam he took today, it was all me. Normally when Atti wakes up in the middle of the night, I can hold him for a minute until he calms down, put him back in the crib and go back to bed. Sigh, not last night. We sat in the rocking chair for a couple of hours. Atticus couldn't breathe, he couldn't get comfortable, it was just a mess. He finally fell back asleep sometime after 530, but by then I was too afraid to move! So, I ended up letting him sleep on my chest until about 730 this morning. Then, back to the doctor's office. While neither side was in full blown ear infection mode, according to the doc - both were on their way and would be infections within a day or so. Lovely. So, he upped the dosage of the bubble gum medicine and we've started our 10 day regimen again. Day 10 should be as we're packing to head to Ohio. Let's hope little man can stay ear infection free the entire week we're there!

No comments: