Timeline

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Catch-Up

Whew, what a day.

Atticus and I met up with our friends Diane and Eleanora for our first Music Together class. Diane and I weren't quite sure what to expect, but I think for a first class, things went relatively smoothly. We were the only two "newbies" in the class, but that didn't seem to bother the kiddos. Actually, Atticus - being Atticus, ran around the room like a mad man for the majority of the class. His face was so great though at the beginning of class when the instructor first pulled out the guitar. His face just lit up. Of course, it lit up again when the "free" music play time happened. Bring on the egg shakers, drums, tambourines, clackers, etc! The class ends with a good-bye song where all the kids get to strum the guitar. Atticus had a field day... so much so that I had to ask Greg to pull out his guitar this afternoon. Atticus had a hoot of a time playing with his play instruments that Aunt Yvonne got him for Christmas along with the guitar.

After class, Greg and Atticus headed off to Atti's 18 month check up and I headed out for an OB check up. Me - all's well. Baby baby is wiggling - heart rate's good, yada yada. I've got a big level 2 sonogram scheduled for 3 weeks from today. Hopefully baby baby still plays shy and we can keep the gender a surprise! Atticus wasn't as lucky as me at his appointment. Poor guy still has ear infections and he had to get 2 shots. After the appointment, Greg took him back to school - until they called to tell me that he had woken up from him nap with hives. Seriously - again - you've got to be kidding me. A few phone calls with the nurse and the doctor, one dose of Benedryl and a dose of antibiotic later and poor guy just still was having a rough day. We gave him some Motrin before bed -- and I'll have another look in the morning. As for his stats -- it seems Atticus has actually lost a little bit of weight. I think he's just growing so fast that no matter how much we feed him, we can't keep up! He clocked in today at 28 lbs and 1 oz and just over 33" tall. Both those stats put him in the 75-90% percentiles.

I'm trying not to panic over work at the moment. I'm out of the office on Fridays, but of course always checking emails on the phone. It seems that my replacement may have undone a huge undertaking that I did just prior to the holiday break. I'll need some time to sit down and read all the emails and look over the attachments - but I fear he just undid a week's worth of my work on a particular project. Ugh. The new position is going well - I'm getting into the swing of things and learning several new processes, reports, etc.

Oh... and did I mention we bought a new car? I know, I know. Greg's had the new car itch for a while. I did manage to convince him that we really didn't need a new car (it's actually a 2006) - but I couldn't stop the itch. :-) We're headed to Houston tomorrow to pick up our Audi A4 wagon. Looks something like this - pictures of the actual car to come eventually. The car replaces the Expedition - and while I'm sad to see the school bus go, the new Audi will get waaaaay better gas mileage, comes with full warranty, yada yada. It's not as roomy as the truck, but really - how often do you need something the size of the Expedition?

If all goes ok in the morning with the little man - then the 3 of us will all head to Houston first thing tomorrow morning to pick up the car. We're going to try and meet up with the Fritzer girls for lunch - then book it back to Austin. Nothing like a day trip to Houston and back in the frigid weather... but, it'll be good to see Amy and the girls.

Well, the bottle of Tums and my bed is calling...


No comments: