Timeline

Friday, April 2, 2010

April? Already?

Ummm, how is it April already? Yikes! I'm technically 33 weeks pregnant now - which means the official countdown will soon begin. We're not ready. Nope. Nope. Nope. We haven't narrowed down names, we haven't gone to the storage unit to retrieve the bassinet, or the newborn clothes... I haven't picked up any newborn diapers. There are a million other things on the to-do list that I haven't even started to work on...

For some good news... Atticus has suddenly developed a healthy relationship/association with his crib and sleep. I have NO clue how this happened, but I'm not complaining. If you ask him now if he's sleepy, he'll look at you, pretend to put his head down and then run to his room and try to climb into his crib. I think someone has reprogrammed my child and I couldn't be happier! He even napped for us over the weekend!! That hadn't happened in 3 months!

We've started the "moving" process - at least slightly. I've had two companies come out "inventory" the house and provide quotes. Moving across the country seems to have gotten pretty dang pricey - and that was before moving the cars and plane tickets for me and the kiddos. Perhaps we will look into a road trip - although the thought of being in a car for 1200 miles with a 2 year old and a 3 month old really isn't all that appealing - call me crazy! I'm not sure how many times I can sing The Wheels on the Bus...

We do now officially have a house in Perrysburg, OH. That's one less thing to worry about. Bummer is that we had to "rent" it as of 5/15/10 - which means double rent for the summer AGAIN. At least it's only 1/2 rent in Ohio until we actually move in -- and rent there is no where near what we had to pay in NYC!! I think we could have waited to see what else came on the market - but Greg was in a panic about us not finding anything after our last bout of bad luck. So... now we've got a house - approved by Yvonne and the realtor. 4 bedrooms - so there will be room if anyone wants to come visit us in cheery Ohio! The house is in a great location - in a subdivision of a golf course and country club. It's about halfway between Greg's office and his parents house. I need to figure out daycare still -- but I'm already working on that. There's also a fun little arboretum type shopping center relatively close by with a bookstore, restaurants, shops etc. Next up for me - settling the daycare issues, finding the closest parks and starting to look for a nanny. Lots to do!

Not much else... thankfully!! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I've put a few new pictures in the March folder of the Baden Family Photos and a couple new videos are up on YouTube as well from my week in Dallas.

No comments: