Timeline

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Recovery

So... after two days of what I refer to as the plague... Greg and I began feeling MUCH better. This of course was very good news, because after two days of dying - the to-do list had grown by a mile and a half. Yikes. There is so much to get done!

Thankfully, despite the to-do list and the millions of other things eating away at our minds, Greg and I did manage to slip out last night for a planned date night. One of our favorite bands, Jackopierce, was playing at the Cactus Cafe on the UT Campus. This is a fantastic little venue nestled inside the Union. It's been open since 1979 and for some unknown reason, it's being closed down. Boo hiss. Seriously folks, the athletics department brings in how many millions of dollars - certainly they can spare and extra $100K to save the Cactus! Sigh... but anywho... It was a last minute announcement that Jackopierce was playing, and I couldn't resist getting tickets. Greg had to experience the Cactus at least once! And, while it was a short show - it was great.

Today was mayhem. Two birthday parties! The first this morning was for Atticus's cousin Paige. The big "1". The weather was a little funky - overcast and misty, but otherwise quite pleasant. When we arrived, most of the kids were wearing headbands with antennae made from pipe cleaners and pom poms. Freaking adorable if you ask me -- but I think it scared the daylights out of Atticus. He stayed glued to me for a little over an hour. Glued as in not even letting me put him down! It was odd. Lunch didn't quite go as planned, but Atti was definitely tired, so I put him down a little late - about 12: 30 and he fell asleep within 15 minutes I'd say... and he slept until almost 4 pm! Yeowzers! We then made a mad dash up north to Elijah's birthday party. Elijah is my college bud Brandon's son who also turned the big "1". I'm sad we were so late to the party - they were packing everything up when we arrived... but Atticus still managed to run around, chase some squirrels, climb some rocks, stomp in a few puddles -- oh and wave to the birthday boy. The park up north was really freaking cool - there were a ton of different playscapes and several huge pavilions. A great setup for a party.

We left the 2nd party and stopped by the IM fields in time to watch Greg (and our other law friends) win a softball game. Then home for dinner, bath and bed. Whew.

Funny, but I'm almost looking forward to a normal work-day tomorrow! It'll be a busy one, don't get me wrong... but the familiar routine sounds nice.

No comments: