Timeline

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Belated - Graduation

The Sunflower Ceremony. That's the name of the law school's graduation ceremony. As you cross the stage, you're pinned with a bright yellow sunflower. Awesome, eh? There's a story as to why it's called the Sunflower Ceremony, but my sleep rattled brain can't recall the story in it's entirety at the moment - so you'll have to ask Greg. :)

The plan was for Greg to walk the stage with Atticus. That was plan A. Plan A also included my Mom and possibly Rhonda also attending the ceremony. The night before however, Atticus started running a fever. By Saturday, it was 104 and we thought it best if he skipped the ceremony. I felt absolutely awful, but I had to call Greg and my Dad and ask them to come home from the celebrations a bit early to take Atti to the after hours kid clinic. Turns out the little man had strep throat! Ugh. No wonder he didn't want to eat and kept saying "owie" over and over. Thankfully, strep in kids is easily treatable -- 24 hours and some bubblegum medicine later, and our little man was practically back to new.

I'm bummed that so many of us missed the ceremony however... My dad did get some photos and a quick video of Greg crossing the stage. Now, I just have to get him to send me the photos and the video, or have him post to the Shutterfly site (see link on the right) and/or YouTube for the video.

No comments: