Timeline

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mayberry

We've been here before to visit family... but now that we've moved to Perrysburg -- it feels a little bit like Mayberry. Not that that's a bad thing. Actually, it's kinda cool, but a little weird too. The neighborhood is a little "Stepford-ish" with the lawns. There are these huge swaths of lush green lawns and perfectly manicured bushes/flower beds. The neighbors all wave at you when you drive or walk by... the downtown is filled with mom and pop shops... everyone drives an American car...

1 comment:

JC2 said...

Welcome back in time. When we moved, I felt like I was in a giant "Leave it to Beaver" rerun for about 5 years... at which point Lakewood began to catch up to what I left in Texas (the fashions, the music, etc.) and I felt a little more "at home" - you think I'm joking, but I'm not! It's a HUGE culture shock! Sometimes I'm still in awe of this place, but having married an Ohioan, I think I'm here for good.