Timeline

Monday, August 23, 2010

No Mommy Go

These words just about broke my heart this morning. I took Atticus for his first day at the new daycare today. We've gone by several times last week for him to look around and meet some of the teachers, etc -- but he somehow knew today was different. We walked into the classroom and I picked him up to give him a hug and the little man was holding on for dear life. I was almost okay with that -- but the big crocodile tears and the "No Mommy Go" just about did me in!

The good news is that all the classrooms are really small. There are 6 kids in Atti's room so hopefully it's not too overwhelming for him. He was all smiles when I arrived to pick him up - which was a good sign. I have a feeling however that drop-off is going to be rough for a while...

No comments: