Timeline

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to the Grind

Where does the time go? I know I say that a lot...

The past couple of weeks have been pretty packed for the Badens and life in Mayberry. We've gone to visit Yvonne at her office (Peanut needed a check-up), we've spent several hours at the local park (which is pretty dang awesome), we've walked the neighborhood, met some neighbors and run circles around the basement. And that's just the beginning!

Last weekend, Greg and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. I really do feel like the wedding was a week ago. I still recall the planning, the first time I saw Greg when I turned to walk down the aisle, the ceremony and the incredible reception.

In honor of our anniversary (ok, not really) I flew out to San Diego with Wren for the long weekend. My bff, Nicole is currently in the states visiting her in-laws out in California. Nic is currently 6 months pregnant and looks fantastic! I love that part of the pregnancy -- everyone (strangers) can see that you're pregnant (and not just chubby), but you don't look like you've swallowed a whale just yet. The pregnancy glow is still shining bright and on a good day, you can still almost see your toes!! It was so much fun to spend time with Nic, Brad, the in-laws AND my sister-in-law Rhonda (and her bff Mary). It was my first time out to San Diego and I can't wait to go back. What a fantastic place. I wish I had more time out there -- I've got several other friends that live in SD and I just didn't have the time to see them.

The only bummer of late is that everyone has a cold. When Wren and I got back in town, it was just Atticus... but then Wren started getting congested and now I'm sneezing up a storm and can't breathe. Ugh. I don't even mind me being sick, I just feel so bad for the kids. Atticus, bless his heart, his little nose is all red and chapped and it's even starting to crack a bit from all the runny nose/wiping! Wren, she just can't breathe and the only thing I can do for her is put saline drops in her nose. I also think she may be teething. Yes, I know it's early - but you should see the amount of drool she's producing, coupled with the strong desire to chomp down on pretty much anything/everything and the late night fussiness.... no guarantee, but it's one possibility.

Greg's still loving the new job. He's trying to plot out his boy's weekend with Rob. So far, they haven't been able to coordinate yet. I'm planning my girl's scrapbook weekend -- I'm just nervous about taking Wren on another trip. She really was settling into a great routine when I up and moved her three time zones for a few days. Texas should be easier on the system, but still...

Well, it's late and I really need to upload all the recent photos. That may have to wait until tomorrow. Right now, my book and my bed are calling to me...

No comments: