Timeline

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yes, I'm Spoiled

There are little perks that come with owning a luxury car. Supposedly getting a complimentary loaner car when one's car is in the shop is one of said perks. This is apparently not known here in Ohio. Greg's check engine light came on and he was able to hook up some foo foo cable and determine what the issue was before calling the dealership. So -- he arranges to bring in the car (which is thankfully under warranty) -- and he asks for a loaner car for the day. "A what?" asks the service coordinator. Sigh... this is a joint Audi/Mercedes dealership for pete's sake!!!

So, we had to drop the car off tonight - leaving the keys in the night time drop box so that hopefully the car will be done in one day. Ugh. Fingers crossed that the car is ready by tomorrow evening. One of Greg's coworkers has offered to drive him to the dealership after work if all is ready.

At least there is an Audi dealership here. There isn't an Infiniti dealer which means I'm going to have to plead with the local Nissan dealership here to see if they'll honor my pre-paid maintenance plan on my car when I'm due for my next oil change.

Welcome to the land of American cars ONLY. I'm still convinced we're going to get egged for not having at least one American car...

No comments: