Timeline

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Circa February 1990

Here's just a sampling from my 15 year old self. I was apparently a tad bit angry with my folks. I wish I'd journaled when I was younger to remember more of what was going on at this time...

On the upside - we have a totally normal and healthy relationship now. :)

Where are they when I need them?
I know they're nowhere near
I call and call their names
But no one seems to hear

My desperate pleas and cries
They all just plain ignore
To them I am a nothing
Yet always wanting more

I didn't mean to do it
Whatever they say I did
But after all, what's one wrong
When I'm still just but a kid?

~February 6, 1990

They never say "I'm proud of you"
Or "my you did so good"
I know they must be thinking it
But say it I wish they would

I try so hard to be the best
But I know they'll never see
Anything I've ever done
Because it's done by me

All I wished for
Was a great big hug
And maybe a kind word or two
But as far as they're concerned,
My grave's already dug...

~February 7, 1990

1 comment:

Laura Hadd said...

I guess I should have been more observant when you were younger. I never realized how you felt. As you said, maybe it's just being a teenager. But I'm glad our relationship has changed and we have a great one now. You can tell me to "buzz off" and I won't take it personally.