Timeline

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just Call Me Chevy

I will be playing the part of Chevy Chase in less than 48 hours. Me, the two kids, the double stroller, the backpack with the laptop, the diaper bag, the two suitcases, the Elmo backpack, the baby sling, etc etc. I'm a wee bit petrified.

Actually, I think once I get the bags checked in - and get through security, it won't be terrible. But then I have this nagging thought -- what happens on the flight when one of the kids needs a new diaper? There isn't exactly room in the lav of a MD-80 to squeeze one adult, one toddler, one infant and a fold down changing table. And well, I can't very well leave the two year old strapped into the seat while I take the little one to the lav, can I? I suppose that's not nearly as scary a proposition as what happens when I need to change Atticus! If he just pees - poor kid may just have to live with it until we land. If he poops - goodness help all of us, no matter what I do the whole plane will smell like poop. Please Lord, if you're listening (and/or reading) don't let Atticus go poop on the airplane. Please.

Thanks.

1 comment:

Laura Hadd said...

Oy! I hope someone besides me is listening. I feel so bad making you do this alone. You can ask the stewardess for help, you know.