Timeline

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

I just may faint. Today it's sunny at 90 degrees with a light breeze. For that, I'd like to thank the men and women of the armed forces who are looking down today on everyone and sending love to the friends and families gathered at BBQs around the country!

We've had a great day thus far... (after the rocky night with Wren waking TWICE - I'm kind of over the whole "teething" thing). A little before 8 am, Atticus and I went downstairs to bake cinnamon rolls while Wren and Greg were still asleep. Atti helped me grease the pan and into the oven went the rolls. We changed diaper and got into clothes with no fuss and I asked him to play quietly with his cars while I came upstairs to check on Wren. Found her awake and quietly babbling - no screaming! Atti then proceeded to amaze me by sharing toys and being incredibly patient with Wren while we waited for the oven to ding. Then... everyone sat down and shared fruit, yogurt, milk and cinnamon rolls. Amazing, eh?

The sun was shining so I grabbed some sunscreen and a hat for Atti and the two of us went to the driveway to practice riding the bicycle. We said hi to our neighbors and they invited Atticus over for a dip in their pool. Atticus was quite excited. He changed into his new swimsuit and rashguard top and we went next door. He wanted to "swim like a fishy" (complete with hand motions for demonstration). He made it in to the second step, but that was as brave as he got. However.. he had a grand ole time sitting on the edge with his feet in the water, throwing the balls into the pool, carrying around the pool "noodle" from one end to the other... It was incredibly kind of our neighbors to allow him to play! Oh, and they fed him too because even though we'd just finished breakfast - he still needed some more crackers, cheese and Twizzlers!

When it was time to come back to our house for lunch and nap, we found that Greg had put together Atticus's birthday present from Bubbe and Pops -- the new Radio Flyer Tricycle! We had to pry him off to get him to eat lunch! Needless to say, I'm not sure what we'll be doing after nap - the park to feed the ducks, riding the tricycle, or going next door to the pool!

Ok, I'm off to do something productive around the house. Not sure what - but the list is long and I need to start somewhere!

No comments: