Timeline

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What I Smell?

That has to be one of the highlights from our trip to Southern California. Every time we turned the corner at the San Diego Zoo -- Atticus would look up at Greg or I and say, "What I smell?". I'd love to say I have great photos from the zoo to share with you all -- but the fact is that we were charging the camera before we left for the trip and Greg packed the camera. That sounds great thus far, except he didn't pack it where I normally keep it - so when I reached for it at the zoo, he just gave me a blank stare and said it was back at Rob's house. Ugh. We did snap a few photos with the cell phone - but they haven't been uploaded yet.

The zoo was awesome. Atticus says his favorite animals were the giraffes. Incidentally, those were his favorite at the Philly Zoo too! There was a baby giraffe that was only two months old that was out with his/her mama... Atticus liked that! We also saw some Giant Panda cubs, tons of elephants, camels, bears, lions, zebras, wallabys, turtles, etc etc. We didn't make it to the "polar" exhibit to see polar bears and penguins. And we missed the rhinos, hippos and tigers... but we had a FULL day of animals! The kids had a fantastic time.

No comments: