Timeline

Friday, June 3, 2011

Construction Themed Party

So, I think we are going to have a birthday party for Atticus. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do one -- I don't really know very many of the parents from his school, and the parents at music class aren't the most "open"... but Atti's now of the age where I think he'd really really like the party. One of the girl's in his class had a birthday a couple days ago and the mom brought cupcakes in for the class at school. All evening long, Atticus was singing Happy Birthday to Alissa....

I asked him what kind of cake he'd like for his birthday and he said, no joke, a "backhoe cake". I think this all stems from the backhoe that's still parked across the street -- but in any event, the kid does love his construction equipment. A friend from law school recently threw a pretty rocking construction party for her 3 year old son. I'm not quite as Martha handy as she is --but I think I can take some of her ideas, plus those that I've found online and create a pretty cool party. Instead of lots of activities (I'll plan a few) I think our piece de resistance will be a bounce house. :) We have a fabulously flat back yard and the weather here, while hot, won't be call the fire department hot.... so, that's the tentative plan. I'm putting it out there so I can be held accountable.

Check out this blog post where the parents really did create a backhoe birthday cake! I also like the faux pinata idea. Cute stuff!

No comments: