Timeline

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Atticus!

My little man turned 3 years old today. Sigh. He's going to be leaving for college before I know it! But maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Today was a pretty good day for Atti. We started off by going to "school" for a pancake and egg with Mr. Joe. (I'm really going to miss the hot breakfasts at The Gathering Place). Then, it was off to Atti's room where his friends were very excited to see him and they sang Happy Birthday to him ALL day long (per Ms. Amber). Just after I left, Latonia brought two big balloons to his room too - very exciting! When I arrived to pick him up, I also learned that he went potty 4 times today and had only one wet diaper! Woo hoo. After I gathering up all his things, I surprised the little guy with a duck bill whistle for no real apparent reason. I just thought he'd like it. It looks kinda like this one, but with less creepy eyes. :) Next up, we headed over to a relatively new Perrysburg, OH hotspot called O-Deer Diner that opened up next to where we go for music classes. Not exactly a traditional diner per se, but we got hot dogs, chips and ice cream -- a classy dinner for a 3 year old, no?

When we arrived home, Atticus came in the house to find a giant dump truck and front loader waiting for him. Seriously, they're so big I didn't even wrap them. :) He didn't seem to mind. We'll give him some more gifts probably tomorrow. I also told him that the paci fairy had been to his room and had left him two big pieces of candy for being such a big boy and giving his paci to a new baby. That was an epic FAIL. Even though we'd been talking about it for ages, he totally flipped out when the paci wasn't there. I had to go summon the paci fairy and let her know that Atti just wasn't ready. He was going to give her back the candy until he was ready. We'll have to work on that one...

Overall, a good day for the little man. I'll post a more sappy traditional letter to him later this week...

No comments: