Timeline

Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Saturday in NOLA

Wow. What a first Saturday. Thank goodness I went to the Urgent Care Center yesterday -- I did have strep. I got a steroid shot in the tush, which seems to be working wonders and I've started on my 10 day course of Amoxicillian (or however you spell it)!

So, this morning, we packed up the kids and headed the 3. something miles to the French Quarter. We started out with beignets and coffee at Cafe Du Monde, then strolled across the street to catch the tourist-y horse and carriage ride (which Atticus loved and which lulled Wren to sleep), then a quick jaunt over to check out Greg's new office (much more formal than the previous year), and then a pop-over to the Seafood Festival for a quick bite before heading home for naps. Whew. I had wanted to try the shrimp poboy from Acme, but the line was too long (especially with two anxious toddlers) so I instead grabbed some crabcakes from Pigeon Caterers and some Gator Sliders from Royal House. I'd never actually had gator before. Pretty darn tasty. But, neither kid was a fan of the choices -- so it was time to pack it up and head home. I think they would have enjoyed shrimp, but alas... there's always tomorrow!

We also managed to check off one more thing from the to-do list today. We drove out to Target and purchased a dresser for Wren's room. Now she'll have someplace to put the two ginormous bags of clothes that our dear friend Amy (and her daughter, Katie) have donated to us! Wren does NOT need clothing right now -- that's for sure! :-)

I think tomorrow will be slightly calmer, but who knows. Atticus wants to bake cookies, so that will require a trip to the grocery store - always an adventure. I'm considering making these Pancake Squares for breakfast if I can find my baking powder... YUM. I honestly think I could eat breakfast for 3 meals a day. :-)

Lots more to say, but it's getting late. I've uploaded a ton of pictures and video to the July and August Picasa folders. If you don't have the links, let me know -- I think it was supposed to auto share with the group, but I'm not sure that actually happened... And I did get some pictures today, but they're still trapped on the camera. All in due time...

No comments: