Timeline

Monday, January 9, 2012

Siblings

I haven't done a very good job lately of just documenting the ordinary things... so, my intention for this year is to drone on and on a bit more about the mundane day to day happenings in our lives.  I know most of you will find it rather boring -- but hopefully one day I'll get the oomph to print out all the ramblings and my kids will know more about their childhood than I can actually remember at that given point in time.  :)

So -- while I'm thinking about (mostly because Greg pointed it out to Rob while he was in town)... we're noticing a lot more sibling interaction.  The kids are waaaay more aware of each other.  Where the other one is, what they're doing (or not doing) and how they can engage one another.  Lately this has involved a lot (and I mean a LOT) of screaming and hitting -- but hey, they're engaging right?  Atticus always wants to be the first one to open Wren's door in the morning and tell her good morning.  Granted, normally, it's because of his stomping, flopping, thrashing that she's waking up in the first place -- but that's a whole different story!  Wren's favorite words I swear are Atti, brother, bubba and Atticus.  She will repeat them over and over.  She loves looking at pictures on the computer, phone, bookshelf of Atticus and pointing him out to me and Greg.

On occasion, they will also play quietly together for about 2 minutes or so.  It's a start, right?  Yesterday afternoon, they both had a ball at the small park/green space that's next to our house.  They were chasing each other up and down the hills and around and around.  It's nice to see some interaction between them.  Sometimes there is sharing.  Sometimes not.  But it's finally starting to look like the age gap will be a good thing for them -- hopefully they'll end up friends in the long run!

No comments: