Timeline

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mornings

I never thought I'd say this - but I'm looking forward to springing forward an hour this weekend.  Atticus has been waking up earlier and earlier lately and we're starting to suspect the amount of daylight has at least something to do with this fact...  (That at the train? boat? that insists on honking it's bloody horn waaaaay longer than necessary at 6 a.m.)  We have the paper shades AND room darkening panels on top of those shades covering all of his windows, but it doesn't seem to be making a hill of beans difference.  And... he's taken to going into his sister's room at the crack of dawn to "play".  Sometimes this buys me an additional 10 minutes in bed before the screaming starts, but not always...  We've told him over and over that if he wakes up early he needs to come into Mommy and Daddy's room - but when he wakes, he wants to play with Wren.  Oy.

The highlight of recent mornings was Wren today... while screaming like a banshee while I changed her diaper, she then switched to little miss sunshine when it was time for socks and shoes.  She looked at me and said, no joke, "I like shoes".  Too funny.

No comments: