Timeline

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Busy Bee

It would be quite easy to forgo the job hunt and still stay busy in this town!  But... I've found a few great opportunities that are getting me excited about work again.  I'm still going to keep them secret for a while, but one in particular has really got my curiosity peaked and really has invigorated me if that makes sense!?!

I've also been quite busy entertaining... having Rainbow in town for a day and then my friend Michelle has been great fun.  I've been to Ess A Bagel for some bagels and lox, Veneiro's in the East Village for some cannolis and tarts, Shake Shake for burgers and a peanut butter shake, the boathouse in Central Park, strolled Madison Ave, the Waldorf Astoria, caught a Broadway musical seeing Newsies, and I've walked approximately 10 miles in the past day and a half alone!  Whew.  We actually walked so far yesterday that I got a blister while wearing my sneakers!

I now have a couple hours to myself before heading back to pick up the kids.  I have a million phone calls to get through regarding preschool for next fall, trying to find and get appointments with new doctors (because of course our new insurance plan is TOTALLY different from our old one), still need to call a few companies and make sure our address has been updated...and I really need to get to the store and figure out what in the blazes I'm feeding my family for dinner tonight!  Oy.

Tomorrow is lunch with one of my BFFs other BFF.  It'll be good to see Nancy, I haven't seen her since Nicole's wedding in Tel Aviv!  And...Rhonda and Brian are due into town tomorrow, but I think they'll be staying at a hotel or in a VRBO.  It'll be good to see them and catch up again.  And, it'll be nice because Greg is already full swing into lawyer mode.  Apparently he has to go into the office on Saturday and on Monday (even though it's a holiday) and he may have his first business travel as soon as next week!  Ugh.  That I'm not so excited about...

Ok - I'd best get moving.  A ton to get done in the next few hours!!

No comments: