Timeline

Friday, October 26, 2012

Guess Who's Got Strep?

I give up.  So Atticus's goofy rash and unexplained fever finally turned up with a positive strep test.  That doesn't really explain all of the goofy rash - but apparently, sometimes the two can go together.  Well... little man went back to school and I decided to take myself to the urgent care center.  It was a risk - I could almost guarantee that the quick strep test would be negative, but I KNEW it was strep.  I mean come on... I had it a thousand times last year!!!  So, as predicted the quick test came back negative, but I requested they send out the throat culture and go ahead and start me on antibiotics.  Happy to report that I'm almost feeling back to normal -- and I'm expecting a call later today confirming that I do in fact have one of the strains of strep that the quick test doesn't register...

So, strep and an upcoming frankenstorm.  Lovely.

No comments: