Timeline

Thursday, October 18, 2012

New Friends

Today was fun.  I made a new friend (always a challenge in a new city).  Tracey is the mom of one of Atticus's classmates.  Yay.  We stopped for coffee after dropping the boys off this morning.  She lives close and Atticus and Liam seem to get along well - so hopefully we'll see more of them over the weekends etc.

Then... I met up with an old/new friend from San Francisco.  Nicole and I met through a mutual friend over Facebook.  How romantic, I know... but oddly enough we've clicked and I think she's pretty cool.  Today was our first fact to face meeting.  Turns out she and her family are in town visiting and seeing some of her husband's family and she was able to sneak away for a couple hours this afternoon.  We had a lovely lunch (I got the pad thai I've been craving) and then we went on the Sweatshops tour at the Tenement Museum.  I admit, I had never even heard of the Tenement Museum before today, but it was a really cool tour.  I highly recommend it.  We learned a bit about some of the families that lived at 97 Orchard Place around the turn of the century - during the rise of "sweatshops" in what was a generally Russian Jewish neighborhood.  Pretty fascinating.

No comments: