Timeline

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Scootering About

Well, it's finally official.  Both kids now own scooters and helmets and I've allowed them to scooter down the busy NYC streets.  Oy.  Trust me, OY.

Atticus had his first shot at outdoor motoring this past Saturday while Wren was sleeping.  Wren got her chance this morning while Atticus was in school and we had a brief showing of sunshine.  I didn't get any pictures of Wren... next time!!

I think they're catching on fairly well.  Wren is still having some issues with steering - but hey, she's not even three years old yet.  I'll cut her some slack.  Yes, some of these born and raised NYC kids have been scootering for years (ha)... but maybe their parents are Jewish mothers??

The good news is that we've got time to practice before our next adventure.  And... from what I hear, the kids should find scooters quite handy in London too!  I'm not yet sure which is easier to manage on the subway/bus/tube -- scooters or strollers, but we'll keep the discussion going.  The biggest drawback to the scooters is the lack of storage space.  I must admit, it gets a tad handy having a basket under the stroller where you can stash stuff!




No comments: