Timeline

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Everything's Better in Canada

At least according to my Bubbe.  Here in no particular order are a list of things that would be better if I lived in Canada...

1.  My hair would look better.
2.  My children would eat better.
3.  I would have a full time nanny.
4.  I would be thinner.
5.  My husband would be Jewish.
6.  I'd be less stressed.

I'm sure there are other things that I've been told over the years and just forgotten...

All that aside -- our second vacation was also a smashing success.  Atticus, Wren and I took off from NYC and headed to Toronto to meet up with the Texas family at the airport and then rendez-vous in Toronto.  The hotel didn't quite add up to what we thought we were getting, but we made the most of it... We did get to meet tons of cousins and have a great time.  In being honest, I didn't even get the chance to talk to half of the family during the visit.  Time went by so quickly!  Atticus and Wren did have a ball hanging out with all their cousins.  It was so nice to have so many around that I didn't even have to watch them every moment of the day.  There were a dozen other cousins kids running around keeping them busy!  Fantastic!  There were several highlights of the trip... Niagara Falls.  Dude.  How freaking awesome is Niagara Falls?  It's always going... massive amounts of water cascading right over the edge.  And you can get up THIS close.  Loved it.  I say this even though it was pouring rain 90% of our visit.  Pouring.  We were absolutely soaked to the bone.  We had a great time with my Uncle Richard and his wife, Lin, my folks and my brother.  Maid of the Mist was great.  The kids giggled and giggled.  That was even cooler than seeing the falls up close and personal.  My brother got some great video of the two of them laughing....

There was also a HUGE family reunion held at the hotel one night.  HUGE.  There was an easel outside the ball room that had the family tree, a professional photographer, two huge arts & crafts tables for the kids, and catered buffet that could have easily served an additional 20 people!!  It was a lot of fun to have everyone under one roof.

Then... it was off to Susan's cottage on the lake.  Don't ask me which lake, I'll never remember.  :)  I think the lake may even be the kids favorite part of the vacation -- even more so than Niagara!  Never in a million years would I have guessed -- but both Atticus and Wren had a blast in the water.  Granted - this is great lake where the kids can waddle around in thigh high water for almost as far as they can see!  Atticus fell in love with a SeaDoo Scooter.  He scooted around the water for hours!  Wren was just as content in her little float thing paddling around... they both also enjoyed a turn in the kayak!  That was a hoot.  Don't worry, there are pictures...

Again, poof - before we knew it, it was time to pack it up and head back to the airport.  We were getting to be pros at this point!  Saying good bye is never easy, but it was a memorable trip and I'm really glad we were able to go.

No comments: