Timeline

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Kidd Kraddick.

Funny how a celebrity death can hit you harder than expected.  I started listening to Kidd Kraddick in the mid 80s in Plano, Tx.  I don't remember much of from the early days of his radio career -- I was too young, but I do remember bits and pieces from middle school and high school.  I continued to listen to him when I was back in Texas and once I was able to stream music... (Thank You I Heart Radio).

My favorite memory -- and I'm sure almost everyone my age will remember this -- when Kidd played Ice Ice Baby for 24 hours straight.  Maybe it wasn't really 24 hours straight -- but I know he played it for every one of the top nine at 9!  :-)

With syndication - he reached a lot of folks and I know his charity, Kidd's Kids was a big part of his show and what he stood for.  He will be missed...


No comments: