Timeline

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Ahhhhhh...

That's a sigh of relief.  Life is good.  Really good in fact.  I have to say, I'm rather pleased with London.  It was a shaky start, I admit, but life is turning around quite nice,y!

Our house is awesome.  It's a house.  It feels like a home.  (With the exception of still looking for stuff and cursing when I realize it's in storage somewhere!!) Our neighbors ate wonderful.  Our next door neighbor has a lovely 16 year old daughter that babysits for us once a week for 2 hours so Greg and I can enjoy a night out.  Brilliant, I know!! Parkgate is working out even better than I could've imagined.  The kids looooove it. I've lucked into a wonderful group of friends... Life is good.

Today, the family did some gardening.  We trimmed hedges and rearranged potted plants.  The kids chased a grasshopper and watched huge snails trudge along.  We took the time to smell the roses and then took a break and just blew bubbles for an hour or so.

The kids and I wandered over to the local grocery store and then we fired up the borrowed BBQ grill and cooked up some burgers and grilled veggies...we considered grilling a pineapple, but I didn't have the energy to cut up more fruit! Did I mention that Greg won a HUGE fruit basket???  He came home on Friday afternoon with a 25lb fruit basket.  No joke.  Contents included: a dozen oranges, huge bunches of green and purple grapes, a pineapple, a mango, a papaya, half a dozen plums, four lychee fruits, a canteloupe, a bunch of asparagus, a pomegranate, two mystery citrus-y berry things, one mystery fruit (a friend said mangosteen, but that's still unconfirmed)...I think that's it! Sooo much fruit!

I'm sure there's more to share, but all in due time, right?

No comments: