Timeline

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Making Plans

All things told... I live a pretty good life.  Here we are with tickets booked for all sorts of exotic and not so exotic locations.  Seriously folks... over the course of one month our little foursome will be in London, Rome, Paris, Dallas, Toledo, and Austin.  Not too shabby.  I do have to admit that the first three locations seem to have a bit more je ne sais quoi.  Ha.  But -- since the latter three contain friends and family, we'll happily visit them too.  And -- since when am I known to turn down good BBQ and Tex Mex?  Yeah... right??

The kids are all settled in school and flourishing.  I know I say it often, but London really suits us.  The house is old and quirky and comes with a strange set of issues, but we're learning to deal and work around them.  School is going quite well.  Wren loves being in Reception.  She's really taking to reading and writing which isn't surprising - little birdie has been talking non-stop for 3 years already.  Atticus does well with the structure and pace of school here as well.  There isn't enough time for him to get bored because there is always something new and the academic pace is faster than the States from all I can tell.  I'll have to chat with some friends when we're in town just to see what's the same and what's different!!  But - whatever it is, everyone seems happy which works for me.

I had considered adding in some extra curricular activities for the kids, but because they do so much through the school, we've decided to just leave things at status quo.  Atticus is already doing running club, swimming, karate, tennis, rugby and French through the school.  Wren has ballet, swimming, violin, general gym time and French.  I think we'd be hard pressed to find so many things at the local elementary school at home??

Greg is still not thrilled at work, but it comes and goes in waves.  We are due to have dinner with a partner from the NYC office soon which will be a nice change of pace.  We're trying to get away for the weekend to use some of the bonus Eurostar tickets from last year, but we haven't been able to make it work just yet.  The biggest downside to not having family in London!!!

Not much else on a grand scale to report.  In random daily news - the neighborhood cat that my kids adore, Jango, decided to show us some appreciation this morning for the treats and the brushing that we do.  He opted to catch, kill and destroy a poor bird in our garden this morning.  Thank goodness it was after the kids had checked on him and Greg and I were able to get them out of the house and off to school before they noticed the carnage.  Greg was on clean up duty during the school run and I'm still trying to figure out if I should go out again and try to pick up more of the feathers!  Ewwwwwwww.  Not my favorite token of appreciation.

No... if you're looking to show me the love, I prefer these fine things:

Grenson Shoes
Barbour Jackets

or perhaps one of these:
Bobbin Bicycles

Alas...I don't think the cat can afford those fine tokens.  Oh well.  Let's just hope he avoids bringing us any more carnage.  I'm not sure my stomach can handle it!


No comments: