Timeline

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hum Drum

So I tried posting some photos directly from my phone.  Seems that didn't quite work.  I'll have to consult with the tech support pages to find out what I've done.

It snowed on Tuesday morning.  Proper snow.  Enough so that when I was taking Atticus to running and again bringing Wren to school -- they were both so excited that we were almost late.  Twice.  Seems they've already forgotten walking around NYC in the snow.  I haven't.  Snow is beautiful.  On a mountain.  And I think only useful when I have two sticks strapped to my feet and I find myself sitting on a ski lift thinking - wow, today's going to be great.  I'm so happy it's snowing.  Otherwise - I'm kind of over it.  Terrible, I know...

Essentially, it's just been bloody cold and partly rainy/sleeting/snowing for the past couple days.  Not my favorite.  Definitely not my favorite when walking to and from school with backpacks, bookbags, boot bags, my bag, an umbrella, etc etc.

In other happy news - I'm going out tonight for a girl's night out.  Woot.  Sort of a belated birthday drinks with school friends.  I'm probably more excited than I should be -- but this is a true treat!  Of course, this has been in the books for a few weeks, but G is back to crazy crazy at work.  Our trusty babysitter, Harriet, to the rescue.  She's a lot of fun - and she should have it fairly easy tonight.  Wren should be exhausted by the time we get home (G had to go into work wicked early and his moving about the house woke Birdie up at about 5:25AM).  Ooooof.  Atticus should be fairly tired too - no running club today, but he does have swimming and dance club.  Have I mentioned how cool it is that so many of the activities my kids participate in are AT school!

But I'm going out.  No clue what to wear, or if I can convince my hair to look normal without a ski hat on -- but we'll give it a go.

No comments: