Timeline

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pentatonix

The truth is seriously stranger than fiction.  I couldn't make this up if I tried.  And I realize I've said that before.  Maybe I live in some sort of altered universe where every now and then someone upstairs just has a little giggle to throw me off my game!

6 pm - Babysitter Arrives.  I do a little mental jig because I'm excited to go to see PTX!

6:15 pm - Say goodbye to kids.  Check CityMapper and realize I must have just missed the bus because there aren't any due for 25 minutes.  Odd I think, but okay -- I'll walk up to Clapham Junction and catch the bus I need from there.  It's only a mile...

6:45 pm ish - Arrive at bus stop and see 14 minutes until my bus.  Check phone for alternate routes since I'm standing in front of the train station.  Debate the train, since I'd still have to get in, find the platform, wait for the train and then still catch a bus on the other end.  Decide to wait for current bus.

7:02 pm - Still no sign of the 295.  Call and order a mini cab and am told 10-15 min wait.

7:10 pm - Download Uber app and figure out how to link my credit card.  Attempt to order a car through Uber and discover that it's "surge" pricing which is 2X the normal rate.  I decline to order the Uber car.

7:15 pm - Watch the 295 arrive and leave without me since I can't get on because I've ordered a taxi.

7:17 pm - Get push notification from Uber that the rates are back to "normal" but I still hold off on booking.

7:19 pm -  Call and check on taxi.  I'm told they're having trouble finding a driver, but that I'm marked as first priority. (Run to try and catch next 295 bus and miss...)

7:28 pm - Call and cancel taxi and get on a 295.  By now there's been an alert running at the bottom of the screen at the bus stop saying there's some sort of power outage affecting trains, tubes and buses.  GREAT....

7:28 pm - Almost crack my head open trying to go up the stairs of the bus because the driver is a maniac.

7:35 pm - Seriously convinced the driver has lost his marbles, but on the upside we're making good time.

7:50 pm - Bus driver stops the bus and orders everyone off.  Then refuses to give us a transfer ticket.

7:51 pm - Have argument with driver of the next 295 because we don't have transfer tickets.  Ultimately get on the bus.

8:10 pm - Arrive at the Eventim Apollo and have to squash in between a gigantic man and a 6 year old sitting on a banister in order to crane my neck to see an incredible show.  I don't mind.  The show is awesome.  They sound great live.  Especially love love loved when they turned off the microphones and just sang all together.  Makes my heart sing.  I love the genius that is true acapella music.

9:40 pm - Walk outside of arena with a text saying my taxi has arrived.  Can't find taxi anywhere.

9:56 pm - About to give up and ask security to take me into see the band so that I can bond over talks of chips and queso and tacos and ask them for a ride home when I find the taxi driver.  I should have gone with the "I'm with the band" route... Maybe they had queso in the green room.  Sigh.

10:25 - Arrive home...

I do have a couple of crappy pictures and a quick video clip yet to post...  :)





No comments: