Timeline

Monday, June 13, 2016

Heavy Heart

I wanted to post today about our fun weekend... but I don't have the words.

My heart is heavy with the loss of so many innocent lives.  Each one of the Orlando victims has a story.  They were loved.  They were somebody's someone.  They were innocent.  Read their NAMES and hear their stories...

We have to do better friends.

I don't want to take away your guns.

Do I want to make it difficult to attain one, yes.  I want you to show that you have the training to handle it.  I want to know that you've been cleared mentally.  That you know how to properly store it at your home.

These don't seem like crazy requests.

I understand that crazy people will do crazy things and that not all crazy people use guns.  But a lot of them do and if it were more difficult for one crazy to get their hands on an automatic weapon then I'd feel better knowing there was one less gun toting crazy out there. 

Mental illness needs to be addressed just as prominently as guns.  Sane people don't carry assault weapons into a club.

I wish I knew more about how to help.  For now, my most important job is to raise two kids to be amazing, kind, generous adults.  Adults who want to build longer tables instead of higher walls.  Adults who are the helpers.  One who's first to stand in line to donate blood to strangers.  A person that offer a kind glance, a hug, or anything else that's needed of someone in need.

Love will win.  I just hope I get to see it....

No comments: