Timeline

Monday, July 30, 2007

Austin, baby, yeah!

Well, we made it to Austin. (Pictures of the new digs soon...) Our stuff is still somewhere between Fort Worth and here however. Seriously people, is it that hard to find two guys to drive 200 miles south? My original delivery window was Sunday - Tuesday. I called today, and the woman said our stuff would be here on Wednesday. I just hate the thought of it all sitting and melting on a hot truck for no apparent reason... but guess I don't have a lot of say in the matter.

Greg and I made it down here on Saturday and we blew up the air mattress, then looked at each other and laughed. In our effort to conserve space in our cars -- seems we packed ALL the towels, pillows, sheets, etc. Oops. Made a quick trip to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up a shower curtain (a thank you again to all friends/family who gave us gift cards as wedding gifts) and then we headed over to Andy and Sarah's to raid their linen closet. Thankfully, they were nice enough to loan us the essentials.

It's great being back here. The lay of the land has already started coming back to me and I've already met up with friends and family. I really missed Austin. Not sure what it is about this place, but it's just comfortable. I like the ecclectic mix that calls this place home.

No comments: