Timeline

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wow - We have ALOT of Crap

So, we're moving along... the papers are signed (minor drama), and the money is in the bank - literally in the bank. The movers come tomorrow, we sign the lease on the new place this Saturday, and our 18 wheeler of crap should arrive in Austin sometime between Sunday and next Tuesday.

I'm up to box number 40 in the kitchen alone. How scary is that? Granted, there is some random stuff packed in the boxes too -- but the majority of it is all kitchen stuff. This from the couple that doesn't cook! Guess things are about to REALLY change for us. I'm going to put all my Food Network watching to use. I'm actually looking forward to it.... I can follow a recipe like nobody's business. (Unless of course the temperatures are written in Celcius - I speak from experience.)

Greg just called from the airport to say that his plane is running late. He hadn't heard the news of the exploding natural gas tanks here in Dallas. I would bet anything it's disrupted air travel -- I know it's still got freeways shut down, we can see that from our office. Yikes.

Anywho, we'll be up tonight till everything is packed. Next time I write, our first house will be gone. A little sad actually... alas, at least there is lots of excitement in the air for us and the future.

No comments: