Timeline

Monday, August 20, 2007

We've Been Here How Long?

Holy moly batman! We've been in Austin for almost a month already! Where does the time go? It has been an eventful week. Last Monday, Greg and I had dinner at Ming's and caught some jazz tunes. Very nice - I mean seriously, where else can you go for Chinese food and get a chick singing smokey jazz accompanied by piano, drums, sax, et al? Tuesday was our very first attempt at cooking at home. I know, shocking - but we didn't burn down the house. The rice was a bit burnt, but otherwise, not bad for first attempt. :-) Wednesday, we met Greg's coworker from Prodika and his wife for dinner at Chuys (yummm). Thursday was a rockstar day. Dinner with Brandon and Goat, then stopped by Sherlock's to hear some music - where my old friend Patrick Donahue was playing. He's got a new band these days Rusttones. Then, it gets even better...we all went to the midnight showing of Superbad at the Alamo Drafthouse. What a great day, huh? Good food, drinks, friends, music, movies... sigh, it was fabu! Friday night Greg and I drove up to Georgetown and we took my grandparents to dinner. They are just too cute - we spent hours listening to old stories of when they first met, their parents, and how it used to be. It was good to catch up and just listen.



And now, poof - here it is again Monday night. The house is almost all unpacked, just don't ask us to get anything out of the closet in the office. When you open the door, it's obvious that we both grew up on Tetris... let's just leave it at that! We never did find our teacups though -- I hope we're able to get our claim processed and get the cups replaced soon. I know - we probably don't need the cups, but our china set will look funny with saucers and no cups!



Allrighty, well - I'm off to read or do something productive for a bit.

3 comments:

Shawn's Life said...

Nice, You got Greg to a movie!!! this is a great way to stay in touch. have fun with everything out of boxes, I hope to be down soon.

Unknown said...

you've already been here a month!? yikes. mmmmmmmm chuy's. I get stuck on Trudy's since we have one so close. I need to go to Chuy's one of these days. keep us up to date on what y'all are up to!

don't know how busy you guys are this weekend. some friends and I might go float the Comal on Saturday.

dave

Laura Hadd said...

What a great site...you did a good job. Hope you'll both be back to Plano to visit soon...if not, then I guess Dad and I will come down.

Mom