Timeline

Saturday, August 25, 2007

To Trade or Not to Trade

Do we sell the Infiniti and the Expedition and get something that requires no car payments for the next three years? I don't feel like I've driven it enough to sell it. :-( But, the thought of no car payment is pretty compelling...

So, we went test driving today. At the top of the potential list is the Mazda 3 wagon. Greg spoke to a guy that posts regularly on the Miata boards and told us who to see in Austin. We show up and the guy actually looked around, said, yeah... we're kinda busy, can you come back later? Ummmm, do you want to sell us a car or not? So, we left. Just up the road is the brand new spanking Infinit dealership and we stopped in to inquire about replacing the center caps that some jackass stole off our car. The guy tell us that the parts guys are only there Monday through Friday. Bummer. We were just chatting and he asked us where we bought our car, and we said Dallas. His reply, oh at Sewell .... No, at Crest from a guy named Chad. Chad May he replies? Yeah, that's the guy. He says the name a little bit louder and out from the other room pops Chad! one and the same. What a small freaking world, huh? He and his family just moved down here at the beginning of summer. He's not selling anymore - just working numbers in Finance. He's going to see what he can come up with for us... In the meantime, the sales guy did give us the keys to a brand new FX and let us take it out for a bit. Sigh... ummm, yeah - that would NOT be downsizing, but what a NICE car. It's like the wagon version of the G. :-)

Also drove the Saturn Vue (eh), the Hyundai Sonata (eh) and the Hyundai Tucson (eh). Of course, it felt like it was 112 degrees and by the end of the day, I was tired of looking at cars. I like my G. I think that's my conclusion. Car payments suck, yes... but I like my car. I'm not done with it yet. I just have to convince Greg of that fact... And somehow find a way to pay for my nice car that I love. Dang... thought I had a picture of the new car on the other computer, but I can't find it at the moment...

Sigh... what to do?

No comments: