Timeline

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I'm going back to Cali

I am so freaking excited. Timing couldn't have worked better. Last week while in Dallas for work, boss lady asked me if I'd had a chance to get to San Francisco to see my friends and meet Aemon Morlan. I said I hadn't, but that I was keeping an eye out for a weekend saver fare from American Airlines. Well wouldn't you know it... we get back from lunch and I checked the weekly specials for the following weekend. Austin to San Jose! I think I really did let out a squeel of excitement. (I have no clue how to spell squeel.) I went in and asked boss lady if I could have off from work on Monday, December 17 and she looked over the calendar and said yes. Next up, I emailed Greg and asked if I could buy myself a present -- a weekend trip to San Francisco. It also works out well because that will leave Greg with another weekend by himself to study for his last final. Cool, huh. Of course he said I could go. Last piece of the puzzle - email Jen J and Jhana to make sure I had couches to crash on.... and bah-dah-bing! I booked the ticket.

But wait... the story gets better. Jen J tells me that an old friend Andrew Chanyi is hosting the annual Holiday Party on Saturday the 15th. Perfect! Then, there's an email from Rainbow, and she's got a dance troup performance on Saturday morning. Fabulous. I'd say Sunday would be a relaxing day, but I'll be meeting Aemon for the first time -- and I don't think there's such a thing as a dull day around an 11 month old boy!

Monday, the plans so far include meeting up with Seth for lunch and hanging out at Jen's house until I have to leave. Bummer that everyone can't take the day off from work to play with me. But I think I'll survive.

I can't wait.

No comments: