Timeline

Monday, March 31, 2008

Insomnia? Me?

Never, ever in my life have I had trouble falling asleep. Normally, I can close my eyes standing up and fall aslepp... and yet, here I find myself at 5 am completely awake. Granted, I've been coughing up a lung for the past hour which may have something to do with it, but I don't even feel tired. That's weird.

I'm feeling wheezy and like my head is full of snot and my throat has been attacked with a cheese grater... but sleepy, no. I'm not even quite sure what to do with myself at this unusual hour. Do I go ahead and take a hot shower to see if it clears my head? Do I get dressed and go to the 24 hour Walgreens to find some sort of pregnancy approved cough medicine? Do I lay back down and try not to wake Greg with my wheezing and coughing for another couple hours?

This getting sick bit sucks. I haven't been sick in a long time.... and getting sick while pregnant is like some sort of cruel joke because all you can take is Tylenol. I think bebe Baden is tired of all the coughing too. Pretty calm bebe - not much moving and shaking around down there -- guess I'm doing enough of that by coughing every few minutes. I did go to the CareNow clinic yesterday in Plano. The strep test came back negative, which I suppose is a good thing -- but that still leaves the question, what the **** is making me feel like I've been run over by a truck? And when will it stop?

Ok, I'm going to attempt to go to bed until at least 7. We'll see how it goes. If I can't fall asleep, I guess it means I start work a little early today!

No comments: