Timeline

Sunday, June 8, 2008

My Uncle's Wife

Honestly.... I probably shouldn't even mention this, but I really find it a bit amusing! Both Nikki and Skip have been selected for a gallery show in Dallas. Outside the Lines is a really awesome exhibit. Nikki was selected with her first knitted entry ever called Rain Cloud. I'm quite proud of her. Skip's entry is a beautiful piece called Night Sky Over Reykjavik. I was lucky enough to attend the gallery opening last night with my folks and my Bubbe.

I was in a great mood. The shower had gone great, the weather was beautiful, my cousins had both been chosen to participate in a great exhibit - life was really going well. Then it happened. Muah ha ha.... I saw my Uncle Richard and his wife, Lin. Being in a cheery mood, without even a second thought, I sauntered over to say hello. Lin looked like my being near was causing physical pain! I looked at both of them, said hello, asked how they were doing... nothing earth shattering I promise. Lin gave me such a look, then she just turned away from me. No joke. My Uncle was more jovial, smiled said hi, and said they were doing well. I stepped purposefully in front of Lin and tried again. I smiled, asked how she was doing, how her kids were doing.... Again, a look and a "fine" then she fully turned her back to me. I chose to ignore the cool reception and focus back on my Uncle. I looked at Richard, said it was great to see him - which it really was (it'd been quite a while) and said I was off to find Skip's art in the other room....

But seriously people... I just had to laugh at Lin's actions. I mean, really? Really? For pete's sake - just get over it. I don't know if it's the best attitude to have or not, but, I've got a more laissez-faire kind of approach to life... I can't be bothered holding in that much rage and anger. It's just not worth it.

So - that's where we stand. I'm over it. I'm not apologizing for anything, but I'm moving on. If anyone else wants to join me - fabulous.