Timeline

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baby Shower

Today was Baby Baden's shower at my parent's house. I'm still amazed at the generousity of friends and family. We had a great day. Fruit and chocolate fondue, pinwheel sandwiches, tons of cute candy rattles, labelled bite size candy Hershey candies, hand-made life saver pacifiers and more. I hope someone got pictures of the pacifiers - they were super cute.

TC was in charge of the games... and I was a little nervous about the "diaper game" since I've seen it before at Kaylane's shower for Ella... but it was a good time. I only guessed 3 of the 12 diapers though!! Guess I'm losing my "candy" touch!! My college bud, Allison, was the big winner of that game. We also had the crowd cut off a piece of ribbon and try to guess how big around I am currently. My Bubbe was off by about 3/4 of an inch - no kidding! But, she claimed family privlidge and gave her prize to the 2nd place winner, my cousin Nikki's Mom, Linda.

Of course there were also tons of presents for BB. Blankets, teethers, diapers, stroller parts, books, crib sheets, hangers, you name it! This is one lucky baby! There was also an IOU from Nikki -- she's knitting BB a sweater. How cool is that? Seriously.... I haven't even knit anything for my unborn child! (Oy, the Jewish guilt....) I am so grateful for my family - wow.

Thank you everyone. It was great to see everyone and we truly appreciate all the kindness.

No comments: