Timeline

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

La dee dah

So... what's new? It's been a pretty quiet week since I last filled you in.

Greg's internship is going well. It's a new experience for him, and with material he's not all that familiar with - so there's definitely been a learning curve... but so far so good. I think he would appreciate some more hands on guidance from the other attorneys, but at the same time, it's been a great exercise in crash course learning and failing. We never knew that using the word 'comprising' versus 'consisting' could make THAT much of a difference when drafting a patent... but apparently it can!

On Saturday morning, we drove out to the Hadd house and wandered over to the swimming pool across the street. Hudson and Evan were competing in a swim meet. That was fun to watch. It was a really big event, there were at least a hundred kids, no joke, from 6 and under to the 15-18 year old group. It was good to hang out with Andy, Sarah, Anne and the two little guys. Greg had a slight mishap with a cup of coffee and a 2 year old and I wish I would have taken pictures of the results, but alas...

We stopped at the mall and picked up some Vintage Plane nursery bedding from Pottery Barn Kids since it was onsale. No, we don't know yet what we're having.... but we really like that bedding if we have a boy, and figure better get it now while it's on sale and still in the stores! Worse case, I'll exchange it for girl stuff...

I also indulged in some self pampering over the weekend with a trip to Embellish Nails. It's getting trickier to take pictures of my own feet... but I promise it was a fabulous hour of relaxation complete with strawberry lemonade, chocolate truffles, a warm aromatherapy shoulder wrap and the foot massage I can't talk my husband into doing properly.... he tickles!! The color is Strawberry Margarita - rather ironic - because I wish I could have one!!


We're expecting to do a walk through of the new house soon so we can start to plan where everything will go.... and what we need to purge before the move. Also on the to-do list for the week, start calling for bids from moving companies! Our friends and families have been quite generous in offering to help with the move, but seriously, moving in July in Texas.... EWWWWW!

We also managed to meet up with Darren and Brandon over the weekend for some catching up and a late dinner. Discovered Darren is on a kickball team.... and Brandon is playing softball with the guy from the morning show on 101X. I also found out a bit more about "Stephanie"... Goat's new lady friend. Sounds like a nice normal girl. Go Goaters!! No warrants, a working car, a steady job, a girlfriend.... I think my friends may actually be growing up!

I'm headed to Dallas tomorrow night for work and Baby Baden's shower at my Mom's house. I'm sure there will be many pictures to add from this coming weekend.
Here's the one from last week taken May 24 when I was 29 weeks. At least I was clean in this picture, still hadn't finished fixing the hair or makeup... but oh well. And don't look at the haircut, for some reason, this last time I went to see Shanna, the hair came out a bit too 1980s for me....

I'll get Greg to take one more profile picture before I head to Dallas tomorrow night.

No comments: