Timeline

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

4112

We survived the majority of the move. :) Actually, the movers we hired did a fantastic job. They loaded the apartment, drove the mile to the house, and unloaded everything in about 4 hours. I was pretty impressed. There were 3 guys - and they were haulin! Only one small boo-boo if you will -- the back of one of our file cabinets got a small hole/dent in it....We're about 95% moved -- still have to get the pots, pans, wine glasses, and some other random odds & ends.

The house is great. Right now it's piled high with boxes all over the place - but we're glad to be here. The only bummer that we've recently discovered is that the kitchen sink doesn't have a disposal. I know! It's not a huge deal, but once you get used to the convenience, not having one just seems so odd!! I was planning on taking some pictures to show you the piles of boxes, but I have NO CLUE where the camera is located. Oops...

I'm really anxious to get started on the nursery. I'm ready to get organized, pack the bags, and just unpack all the fun new toys! That's the plan for this coming weekend. We'll go pick up the crib and dresser (hallelujah they arrived at the warehouse yesterday) and rearrange the nursery so that I can actually get to the closet where all the baby stuff is currently stored. And, the pack-n-play arrived yesterday too! So, we're now sort of ready for baby to arrive - we have a car seat, a crib and a pack-n-play.

In other baby news - the pediatrician interviews continue. Yesterday we met with Dr. Owens at Pediatric Associates of Austin. Tomorrow, we meet with Dr. Hargrave. Last week we met Dr. Terwelp. I'm not sure yet who we'll end up choosing... There are pros and cons to the big practice and to the one doctor practice too.... Alas, the biggest concern right now is that Baby Baden is not going to have a name! I've become quite concerned about this lately. So... we're taking suggestions. Feel free to post comments with your favorite suggestions. We're looking for something uncommon but not weird. You know, like everyone else out there!

Our Bradley childbirth classes continue. They're going well. We really like our instructor and feel that we've learned way more about the pregnancy and the labor/delivery than we ever could have learned in a 4 hour class at the hospital! We also met and hired a doula last Friday. I think it will be a nice addition to have someone who's not related to any of us there during labor to remind us of all the things were learning in class, to help with relaxation, to help keep Greg calm, and generally help us stick to the original birth plan. The woman we met is actually at a conference this week learning how to train other doulas. So, as long as Baby waits another week to arrive (oh pretty please wait at least a week) we've got part of the labor covered. :)

Greg and I also went today for the first of the weekly check-ups with Dr. Seeker. I will now see the doc every week until birth. Yikes. That means we're really getting close. I'm excited, but nervous too. We still have so much to do before Baby arrives (see earlier paragraph about picking up crib, organizing the nursery, finding a pediatrician, etc). Dr. Seeker was running a little over 2 hours behind - that was a joy - but we were able to chat with him and talk about our desire to do a natural childbirth, having a doula at the hospital, etc. He seemed OK with everything which was a BIG relief. We'd heard that his practice has a higher rate of interventions - so it was nice to chat with the doc and know that he's supportive of our desire for a natural birth.

Ok, it's late. I need to drink some water and get my sausage feet up above my heart for a bit before bed.

Don't forget - baby name suggestions are welcome!!

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Baby names, huh? Before I learned that Grace was a girl, I was considering Jonah or Jonas for a boy. Maybe Ella or Elise for a girl. I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect. Follow your heart. When I was choosing Grace's name, I wanted something kind of unusual....but I kept coming back to Grace. And it fits.

Unknown said...

You can always go to ancestry.com and check out names from the past.

rhondadiane said...

Some names we've heard in CA recently: Keely & Kiley, Tyler, Bailey, Jack & Jake seem to be fresh again, and Jaycee.

Cari said...

Ok, this is hilarious now that I'm reading all this after the fact. LOVE IT! :)