Timeline

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Grrrr...

My work laptop has died. I can't figure out how to boot it in safe mode. A new one has just arrived in the mail via FedEx, but I'm nervous about trying to figure out how to get the new one working - and save all the data I need from the old one!!

The only good news - I think it became infected right about the time I went on maternity leave, so I don't have any work files that can become "lost". But -- I need to make sure that all My Documents and other files on the hard drive don't go the way of the dodo bird when I switch hard drives!!

So... forgive me if I'm offline for a bit wallowing in computer angst. I do have my home desktop setup (which is how I'm blogging) and more pictures and updates of the cutest baby ever will continue shortly. At the moment, Atti is swinging contently in his fancy swing that my Mahj friends gave us. He loves it!! We're also heading up to Georgetown in an hour or so to visit with the Great Grandparents. Can you believe Atticus is the 17th Great Grand Baby for them!!

Off to go investigate the laptop issue... and smile at Atticus. :-)

No comments: