Timeline

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Quiet time

Greg finally made it back to Texas about 10 am yesterday only to turn around and take off again just after lunch today. He should be landing in San Jose, CA any moment now. I'm a little bummed that he's going to get to meet up with my SF friends without Atti and I... but, it's for good reason. The interview process continues - and we truly have been blessed with the number of firms that wish to talk to Greg further about working for them next summer. If all continues to go well - we'll have our choice of where to go next summer (and possibly after graduation). I mean... I know that Greg is great - and that he interviews well, but the response has been overwhelming.

So, now I'm home. Atti and I watched some of the Olympics this afternoon - volleyball and some swimming. I think some of the men's gymnastics competition is airing tonight. I would like to one day see the women's gymnastics competition during the Olympics. I wanted so badly to go when they Olympics were held in Atlanta, but the timing wasn't quite right. Perhaps in another 4 years?

It's kind of lonely here by myself. It's too stinking hot to take a walk outside and Atti is still too little to go many places. So - if you're reading this and you're local... give me a call and stop by, I'd love the company! Or, if you're not local - just give me a call. If I'm not sleeping or otherwise occupied I'll answer the phone!!

I have taken a few more pictures of Atticus - but he's sleeping in all of them! He tends to sleep alot (not that I'm complaining -- sleeping is way better than screaming)!! He's getting some chubby little chipmunk cheeks and his thighs are starting to chub up a bit too. His next doctor appointment is on 8-26-08 and I'll be curious to see how much weight he gains by then. He's already starting to outgrow some of the newborn onesies. However, I've learned that just like adult sizes -- each brand is sized totally different! One man's idea of newborn is NOT the same as another.

Here are a few pictures of the little prince... wearing his "If Mom says No, Ask Grandma" onsie, swinging, sleeping and showing off his sporty UT Longhorn socks. (He does have an A&M hat... but ironically no pictures in that just yet!!)

No comments: